Reducing your energy bills is not only great for your pocket but also good for the planet, so why not make one or two small changes to help cut costs and your carbon footprint.
- Switch energy providers. You can save hundreds of pounds a year by finding the best deal. Many energy providers will also give you a dual fuel discount when you buy both your gas and electricity from them, and paying by monthly direct debit is much cheaper than paying when the bill arrives.
- Turn lights off. This sounds easy but how many of us actually turn lights off when we leave the room? It could save you around £13 on your annual energy bill. Replacing conventional light bulbs with more energy efficient bulbs and LEDs can also make a saving. Join our energy saving club for lights for life, LED lights with a lifetime warranty.
- Switch off standby. You could save around £30 a year by turning off your appliances at the plug. Most appliances, such as your TV and mobile phone charger, can be switched off without upsetting their programming but check the instructions on routers and satellite and digital TV boxes, which may need to stay plugged in.
- Take control of your heating. By turning the thermostat down by just one degree you could save around £80 a year and by installing room thermostats, programmers and thermostatic radiator valves and using them efficiently you could save between £75 and £155 a year on heating.
- Wear jumpers and slippers; sounds simple but it could save you money on your heating.
- Insulate your home. This can be as easy as ensuring all your windows are draught proof or installing cavity wall and loft insulation.
- Consider renewable energy, such as solar panels and ground source heating for your home. There are constant advancements being made in these types of technologies, making them more affordable, more efficient and more attractive for homeowners.
- Join the Your Energy Saving Expert Club. Get exclusive deals and money off on different energy saving products and services. Currently, we have lifetime warranty on LED lights through Lights For Life and 10% off your solar panels through Sol PV Group if you sign up today for free.